VPS Hosting for WordPress Website
What Is WordPress?
WordPress is one of the most popular platforms for web development. Indeed, it is one of the most commonly used content management systems (CMS) online. It is very easy to set up it can be installed within a few seconds with one click. Because of its popularity, there is plenty of help online when you need it. WordPress is written in a programming language called PHP that accesses the content through a MySQL database. Because WordPress continuously extracts packets of information from the server and elsewhere, it may require more memory than a simple static HTML site.
WordPress and Cheap VPS hosting
- To set up a WordPress website the user needs two things first is domain name and second one web host.
- Google rates the speed of its ranking algorithm very high these days. So you need to choose a good host to get the most out of your WordPress site.
- You may find that certain plugins do not work due to memory problems, servers may fail due to host incompetence, which often results in a loss of Google rankings, and sometimes WordPress functions may not work due to poor host setup. So don’t choose a host to hurry up!
- Most website owners choose a shared hosting plan to start with. This is the cheapest hosting option where your website shares a server with hundreds or sometimes thousands of other websites.
- With a Windows and Linux based VPS hosting service, an entire server is rented that is not shared with anyone.
What is VPS Hosting?
A virtual private server offers the functions of a dedicated server on a computer that is shared by other customers. This is done by partitioning a physical computer into multiple servers, each of which can run its own full operating system, and each can be restarted independently. There are two types of VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting, and Linux VPS Hosting. Customers, therefore, receive hosting services by Windows VPS Hosting and Linux VPS Hosting, without sacrificing performance and at a greatly reduced price. Another advantage of Windows VPS Hosting and Linux VPS Hosting is scalability. Additional resources (RAM, other configurations) can be added later as the website grows.
What type of VPS host should WordPress use?
The first advice is to choose a Linux VPS hosting over Windows VPS hosting since Linux uses a lot fewer resources and WordPress simply runs better on it.
Cheap Linux VPS Server Hosting Plans
What is Managed VPS or unmanaged VPS hosting?
You must choose between purchasing fully managed VPS hosting or an unmanaged VPS hosting account.
- With an unmanaged VPS hosting the user has to manage their server itself. The user has to install and run the software that you want to run on it.
- If you don’t like doing this, then unmanaged hosting is obviously not for you. However, it has the advantage of being a little cheaper since the hosts don’t have to spend as much on support. And the user has to pay some extra charge for cPanel licenses, etc.
- The managed VPS services include maintenance, monitoring, and repairs at a fixed cost. They also offer different levels of support.
VPS hosting or Cloud Computing Service?
Cloud computing generally runs on a cluster of servers, while with standard VPS hosting, your site is only stored on one computer with backups.
With Windows VPS Hosting and Linux VPS Hosting, your website is brought online again immediately if hardware fails. Standard VPS Hosting required a certain amount of RAM and CPU at a time and VPS Hosting can dynamically allocate resources when your server needs them.
Watch the Video
How to choose a new VPS hosting?
It depends on the traffic and the requirements you have. You have to compare the hosts according to price and the following criteria:
- RAM: VPS server hosting offers sufficient RAM, just like computers in a computer store. When asked how much RAM you need, but I would say 500 MB of RAM would be satisfactory for a WordPress site that doesn’t get much more than 500 visitors a day.
- CPU: The host’s CPU (central processing unit) corresponds to the CPU of your desktop or laptop computer. It is the central processing unit in a computer that contains logic circuitry to execute instructions from the applications. If you want, you might be able to buy a plan with more than a 1 GB CPU for extra speed.
- Bandwidth and storage space: VPS packets are sometimes sold with a limited bandwidth and storage space. Calculate the bandwidth your website needs by calculating the average page views x the average page size x the average daily visitors. If you’re just starting, this isn’t necessary. The storage space is the number of gigabytes of information that you are allowed to store on the server. Ordinary websites do not offer much storage space. However, if you use the server to store files, you must take this into account.
- Server software: You may be used to certain server software such as cPanel and Plesk to maintain your site.
- Support quality: Some companies offer 24/7 support. It can be important to get a quick response when your VPS server stops working. Company reputation: Google the company you want to use and see what people say about them. WordPress recommends some hosts. Also, check to see if hosts have a good and functioning forum. This can be particularly useful.
WordPress is one of the most commonly used CMS (content management systems), so hosts should generally be able to handle it well. However, this is not always the case. You should choose a host who knows how to host and who has been showing this for some time.